Apogee Ceramics is committed to keeping your personal information accurate, confidential, secure and private. When you visit our website, contact us, or submit an application we try our very best to protect your privacy rights and personal information.
- Your statutory privacy rights.
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect against the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Personal information is defined as any factual or subjective information, recorded or not, about an identifiable individual. Examples are age, name, source of income, home addresses and telephone numbers. Personal information does not include the name, title, or business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
We think it is important that our customers trust SignitePro to protect their information. In an effort to foster this type of relationship, we feel it is helpful to share some of our company’s values in order to help you better understand how we think about your information and privacy. The following values remain a guidepost for SignitePro in developing our products and services:
- Your information belongs to you – we carefully analyze what types of information we need to provide our services, and we try to limit the information we collect to only what we need. Where possible, we delete or anonymize this information when we no longer need it. Ultimately, your information belongs to you, and we aim to only use your information to your benefit.
- We protect your information from others – If a third party requests your personal information, we will refuse to share it unless you give us permission or are legally required. When we are legally required to share your personal information, we will tell you in advance, unless we are legally forbidden to do so.
How/why we gather information
SignitePro generally processes your information when we need to do so to fulfill a contractual obligation (for example, to fully understand the products and services that our products are supporting), or where we or someone we work with needs to use your personal information for a reason related to their business to provide you or the company with a service, such as:
- preventing risk and fraud
- answering questions or providing other types of support
- providing and improving our products and services
- providing reporting and analytics
- testing out features or additional services
- assisting with marketing, advertising, or other communications
For these types of interests we only process personal and/or business information after considering the potential risks to your privacy – for example, by providing clear transparency into our privacy practices, offering you control over your personal information where appropriate, limiting the information we keep, limiting what we do with your information, who we send your information to, how long we keep your information, or the technical measures we use to protect your information.
SignitePro collects information through the initial application process. Through this process, this information is shared with employees at SignitePro along with other companies that SignitePro routinely works alongside to fulfill orders.
Our company automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP addresses, and the page that you requested.
SignitePro uses information that identifies its customers for contact information, billing, equipment history, etc. SignitePro Services WILL NOT sell or distribute any of the information that it gathers to any entity.
Where we send your information
We are the sole owners of the information we collect from you. We collect information only by lawful and fair means, and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. Wherever possible, we collect your personal information directly from you, both at the start of the application process and in the course of our relationship. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to assemble your order and provide you with competent customer service.
Under certain circumstances, SignitePro may disclose your information to a third party:
- when we are required by law to do so (for example, if a court issues a subpoena); when you have consented to the disclosure;
We are a Canadian company, but have offices operating in both the United States and Spain. To operate our business, we may send your personal information outside of Canada. This data may be subject to the laws of the countries where we send it. When we send your information across borders, we take steps to protect your information, and we try to only send your information to countries that have strong data protection laws. If you would like more information about where your information might be sent, please contact us.
How we protect your information
We take all reasonable precautions to protect your information.
SignitePro strictly protects the security of your personal information and honours your choices for its intended use. We carefully safeguard your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Such safeguards include physical measures, for example locked filing cabinets, restricted access to offices, and limiting access on a “need to know” basis, and use of passwords and encryption.
Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment and all employees are thoroughly trained to adhere to our privacy practices.
Your personal information will be retained only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, and in compliance with any laws surrounding information retention. If all identified purposes for the use of your personal information have been exhausted, we will destroy the information or render it unidentifiable.
Cookies & IP addresses
Your privacy rights
From January 1, 2004, all businesses engaged in commercial activities must comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and the Canadian Standards Association Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information, which it incorporates. The Act gives you rights concerning the privacy of your personal information. SignitePro is responsible for the personal information we collect and hold. To ensure this accountability, we have developed this policy, and trained our staff for compliance with our policies and practices
If you become a client of our company, you can do the following at any time by contacting us using the information provided below or the “contact” tab on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Request that we delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
SignitePro Inc. – Head Office
71 Folsetter Drive
Contact: Robert Ico
Acceptance of these terms
Contacting the website
This policy was last revised in February, 2020.